St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC is seeking expressions of interest for exciting opportunities to join the club. We have two Under 19 Coaching roles available.
- Under 19 Head Coach
- Under 19 Development Coach
In 2020, the Tigers will again be fielding two teams in the Victorian Amateur Football Association (VAFA). We also field junior teams below Under 19 level in the South Metro Junior Football League (SMJFL).
We are based at the Mentone Recreation Reserve and provide a great pathway for our players with new facilities being built and will be ready for 2020.
Working with our Senior coach and his Assistants, a key focus for the successful applicants will be the development of the playing list to achieve the overall purpose and objectives of the Tigers.
Prior experience in coaching is desirable; however, this is also an exciting opportunity for a recent player to begin their coaching career. It is expected that you have attained or will attain an AFL Victoria Foundation Coaching accreditation (formerly Level 1 accreditation).
Principal duties include:
- Provide game day leadership and coaching expertise and for the senior team.
- Instruct, provide input and attend training sessions.
- In conjunction with the Senior Coach ensure consistent club coaching policies and strategies are applied.
- Provide regular individual player and group player feedback.
- Ensure effective player policies, team rules and club policies are followed to uphold the reputation and aspirations of the Club.
- Work with our SMJFL boys teams’ coaches throughout the grades to provide mentoring
- Engage with the Tigers community through attendance at relevant post-game functions and events.
Additional requirements for applicants are:
- Strong communication skills both on and off field.
- Demonstrated experience at building and maintaining relationships with key club stakeholders.
- Demonstrated understanding of the ethos of amateur football.
All applicants will be treated confidentially and considered on their experience and merits. Applications close 31 October.