Merchandise and Registration Information Sessions, Brindisi Street, Mentone
Come along and get your shorts, socks, hoodies, etc for the season and get your new member/transfer questions answered.
- Session 1 – To be advised.
- Session 2 – To be advised.
Sportsmart VIP Day (Discount Boots and more) – More details to follow.
Tiger Talk – Round 1 Sunday night – details to follow
Season Launch – TBA – Club wide event. More info soon
SMJFL Round 1 – TBA – Full SMJFL Calendar is TBA.
Enquiries & Contacts
Please check our Q&A below, but if you still have a question please email the following:
Coaching/Team Info firstname.lastname@example.org
Girls Football enquiries email@example.com
Committee and all other enquiries firstname.lastname@example.org
What are the registration fees?
Early Bird (Register before or on 28th February): Single $260 Family $100 per subsequent child capped at $460
Regular (Register on or after 1st March): Single $230 Family $120 per subsequent child capped at $570
How do I pay?
Payment at the end of the online registration process is compulsory. In addition to credit card payment, SportsTG now accepts POLi payments as a safe and secure method of payment. POLi allows you to pay for your registration fees using money straight from your bank account via Internet Banking.
What do I receive?
All players receive a T-shirt, Beanie or Singlet. Those players continuing on in Auskick as well as juniors, receive complimentary shorts (x1) and socks (x1) free on presentation of your Auskick receipt.
What age do I need to be, to play junior football?
To be eligible to start junior football in U8, a child must be turning 8 within the calendar year of competition. If a child is turning 7 on or before 30 April, and they have previously registered for AFL Auskick, they are also eligible. This ruling update was made by the AFL during the 2015 season.
- To play U9s, a player must be turning 8 or 9 within the calendar year 2021.
- To play U10s, the player must be turning no older than 10 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U11s, the player must be turning no older than 11 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U12s, the player must be turning no older than 12 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U13s, the player must be turning no older than 13 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U14s, the player must be turning no older than 14 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U15s, the player must be turning no older than 15 during the 2021 calendar year.
- To play U16s, the player must be turning no older than 16 during the 2021 calendar year.
- Boys U17s are a special case where boys turning 18 in the second half of the calendar year (Jul-Dec) are eligible to play. This age group is sometimes referred to as the U17 ½.
- To play Girls U18s, the player must be turning no older than 18 during the calendar year. Older girls play in the Womens team in the VAFA.
What else do I need to provide when I join?
All new players to the club (new to football and transfers) must provide a copy of either their birth certificate or passport as proof of age. Until this is sighted, we cannot complete your registration to a team to play with the SMJFL. You can scan and email the registrar, or bring it along on to a Merchandise/Registration Information Session or to the Season Launch.
How do I transfer from another club to SBMT?
The player and a parent/guardian must sign a Player Transfer Request Form to authorise the NEW club to instigate the online transfer process. In SBMT’s case, this is performed by the registrar. Please follow the instructions in the SBMT transfer information document or email the registrar for further information. In addition, all new players to a club must provide a copy of either their birth certificate or passport as proof of age.
How do I get in contact with my coach or team and find out about training?
In the first instance contact the registration or coach email above and we can put you in touch with your team coach or age group coordinator.
When does the season start?
Round 1 of the SMJFL season is TBA. The full 2021 SMJFL fixture as it currently stands can be viewed by clicking TBA.
Should I continue with Auskick?
This is obviously a family decision regarding your time and budget. But in terms of your child’s football, we encourage new junior players to continue with their Auskick as long as possible. This is a great program to improve your skills and play small sided games, gain access to AFL players and the chance to play half time games at AFL matches.