Smoke Free Policy
The St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC recognises that Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) is hazardous to health and that non-smokers should be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the Club has developed the following policy to apply to all St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC facilities, functions and activities from the 1999 season. This policy applies to all members, administrators, officials, volunteers, coaches, players and visitors of the Club when representing the club or attending any club facilities, functions or events.
- All St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC administration and office areas to be 100% smokefree.
- All Social / Club rooms at Brindisi Street and the College are to be 100% smokefree.
- All Change Rooms and Toilet Blocks at Brindisi Street and The College are to be100% smokefree.
- Smoking will not be permitted in any indoor spectator viewing areas.
- Smoking will not be permitted on the Mentone Oval playing arena.
- All eating areas in the Soppett Pavilion to be 100% smoke free.
- Cigarettes will not be sold (including from vending machines) at any time by the club.
- All official St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC Functions (including dinners, fund-raising events, meetings, social occasions) to be 100% smokefree.
- Invitations, menus, etc. to reinforce smokefree status of event.
- Ashtrays will be removed from function rooms where St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC functions are held.
- Cigarette butt bins will be supplied at doorway entrances, encouraging smokers to dispose of cigarettes before entering indoor areas.
ST BEDES/MENTONE TIGERS AFC Representatives
- All St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC staff and officials to refrain from smoking whilst acting in an official capacity.