SMOKE FREE POLICY
The St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC recognises that Environmental Tobacco Smoke (ETS) is hazardous to health and that non-smokers should be protected from exposure to tobacco smoke.
Accordingly, the Club has developed the following policy to apply to all St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC facilities, functions and activities from the 1999 season. This policy applies to all members, administrators, officials, volunteers, coaches, players and visitors of the Club when representing the club or attending any club facilities, functions or events.
- All St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC administration and office areas to be 100% smoke free.
- All Social / Club rooms at Brindisi Street and the College are to be 100% smoke free.
- All Change Rooms and Toilet Blocks at Brindisi Street and The College are to be 100% smoke free.
- Smoking will not be permitted in any indoor spectator viewing areas.
- Smoking will not be permitted on the Mentone Oval playing arena.
- All eating areas in the Soppett Pavilion to be 100% smoke free.
- Cigarettes will not be sold (including from vending machines) at any time by the club.
- All official St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC Functions (including dinners, fund-raising events, meetings, social occasions) to be 100% smoke free.
- Invitations, menus, etc. to reinforce smoke free status of event.
- Ashtrays will be removed from function rooms where St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC functions are held.
- Cigarette butt bins will be supplied at doorway entrances, encouraging smokers to dispose of cigarettes before entering indoor areas.
ST BEDES/MENTONE TIGERS AFC Representatives
- All St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC staff and officials to refrain from smoking whilst acting in an official capacity.
- St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC players will refrain from smoking whilst in uniform.
- St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC coaches, trainers and officials will remain smokefree whilst acting in an official capacity.
Education / Training
St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC recognises that it has a role to play in educating members about the benefits of implementing a smoke free policy, and will endeavor to provide appropriate information and resources to assist in this process.
Promotion / Communication
Signage is displayed prominently in all public areas at club functions and indoor/outdoor areas.
Announcements on match days via public address system.
- All St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC officials will endorse the SmokeFree Policy on matchdays and at functions.
- Non-compliance with the policy will be handled according to the following process:
- Explanation of the St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC policy on smoking to person, including the identification of areas in which smoking is allowed.
- In the case of continued non-compliance with the policy, St Bedes/Mentone Tigers AFC officials will use their discretion as to the steps to be taken, which would include asking the person to leave the premises or function. Review: The policy will be reviewed annually in consultation with the VAFA and QUIT.