The second stage of the project is now well under way with demolition of parts of the Soppett Pavilion. The Kingston Council and the appointed builder 2Construct have now mostly completed the Stage One works.
2Construct has now begun Stage Two works, including restoring the historic GH Soppett Grandstand to its former glory and conversion of the downstairs space into office administration areas.
Works undertaken across previous month:
- Completed and handed over to the Clubs.
- Contractor working on the defects identified.
- 2Construct took possession of the Grandstand and fenced it off
- Commenced demolition – removed outbuilding, slab and render.
- Prensa has conducted soil testing.
- Irrigation pump is reconnected with a temp. supply.
Works anticipated to be undertaken across forthcoming month:
- Demolition works will continue.
- Bridge link works will start.
- Relocation of fibre cable for the scoreboard.
On track as per original program. GH Soppett Grandstand on track to be completed 2020. As of this time COVID-19 impacts on the site have been minimal. The contractors have put in place management controls (social distancing, increased hygiene), however the site will remain open until otherwise advised.